To celebrate the upcoming launch of our limited edition Capture Spring collection we wanted to share with you one of our most loved shortbread cookie recipes. Complete with edible flowers, both parents and little ones will love this easy creation to bring a little Newbie (and Spring) into your home.
What You Will Need:
- 200g butter, softened
- 600g sugar
- 7tsp vanilla extract
- 450g plain flour
- Edible flowers - violet, pansy, geranium
- Mix all ingredients together to form a dough like consistency & knead the dough together using your hands
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius
- Roll the dough out on baking paper so that it is approximately 4mm thick
- Using cookie cutters (we use circular cutters), cut the dough into approximately 40 cookies
- Place the edible flowers onto the dough, place another sheet of baking paper on top and gently rub the flowers into the dough. This process may squash the dough so re-cut the cookies to ensure they are the perfect shape!
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until the edges are golden
From Newbie x