TITLE: Product Policy TEXT: Newbie’s brand is associated with affordable fashion, design and quality. It also stands for responsibility, consideration and assurance. Sustainability is part of everything we do and our goals are set very high. We conduct our business with a long-term view and do our utmost to work pro-actively in all areas with a focus on quality, the environment, safety, working conditions and social issues.
From a product perspective, this means that our customers should feel satisfied and confident with Newbie products and their progress though the entire production process. We comply with current laws and work actively to develop and improve our products. We make decisions every day, choosing solutions to ensure that our products maintain high ethical and moral standards.
TITLE: Ethics and morals TEXT: Newbie strives to ensure that our products are the best that they can be, whilst also demonstrating a responsible and mindful attitude, without causing offence.
Ideas about what can be considered to be offensive vary from one period to another as well as between people and cultures. Our intention is to use hindsight first and to listen to public opinion.
- For example, we exclude products and prints that are associated with racism, sexism, drugs, occult symbols and/or politics.
- We don't sell children's clothing that could be seen as provocative, or for example which have references to sex.
Newbie communicates with our customers in a variety of ways about how and where we work. This includes on our website and on our products, which are labelled with their country of origin.
TITLE: Health and safety TEXT: Newbie’s products must not entail any risks for our customers or for those involved in the production process. We participate actively in research and development to ensure that products and processes are safe.
- All of Newbie’s garments meet stringent requirements on the use of chemicals. Here is our list of chemicals.
- Sandblasting, which is used in the manufacturing of denim, is not permitted in our production process.
- Our work with child safety complies with the Swedish Product Safety Act. This includes extra inspections, for example, of buttons, chemicals and choice of materials.
- The products in our collections undergo thorough tests, both in our own laboratories and in external laboratories.
TITLE: Animal welfare TEXT: Our commitment to protecting the rights of people affected by our business also extends to animal rights protection. We work actively to ensure that products containing leather, feathers, wool or other animal materials do not come from animals that are mistreated or under threat of extinction.
This means that:
- None of our products contain angora, mohair or real fur.
- We do not accept mulesing, which is a practice in wool production where an area around the sheep’s tail is cut away to prevent flystrike. Nor do we accept the clips that are used as an alternative to mulesing.
- All items made from animal hide are by-products of the meat industry and come from cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats and pigs. No animal is killed solely for its hide.
- We never use down plucked from live birds. Instead, we buy down and feathers that are by-products of meat production.
- We do not permit animal testing.